Aside from there being NO COST to a Buyer (except in very rare circumstances) when working with a Real Estate Professional, there are several benefits to working with a Buyer’s Agent when searching for your home.
1. REALTORS® have the ability to be notified the minute a listing hits the market that matches your criteria, which they can then revert back to their clients. This reduces the time you have to spend searching for homes.
2. Your Buying Agent can further reduce your time requirement in searching for a home by handling all the logistics of scheduling property tours.
3. Once you’ve narrowed in on a few properties you’re interested in, your REALTOR® can put together a Comparative Market Analysis to show you what else has sold in the area to ensure that the property is listed at a fair price and that you’re not going to be over-paying for that property.
4. When you’re ready to make an offer, your agent can use their negotiation tactics to help you get the best value for your home.
5. REALTORS® often have a number of Professionals that they can quickly and easily refer you to such as Home Inspectors, Notaries, Lawyers, Mortgage Brokers and Contractors. Think of us as the ‘Quarterbacks’ of Real Estate with a large team of Pros to pass the ball off to.
6. Your Buying Agent can help you keep your home purchase timeline on track.
7. Although the final decision of which home you want to purchase lies in your hands, a REALTOR® can help you analyze the pros and cons of each home.
8. When writing an offer, not only will your REALTOR® write the contract for you, they will also provide you the information required to ensure you have the right subjects and/or clauses in your contract to ensure you are fully protected in your home purchase.
9. If purchasing a condo or townhome, your REALTOR® will use their expertise to evaluate the strata documents to ensure there are no “red-flags” about the building or the financials of the strata council.
10. If you’re lucky, you’ll get a good REALTOR® who will provide you with moral support. It can be a stressful process, and when you find a good REALTOR®, they’ll make sure you feel comfortable and confident every step of the way.
The views expressed are those of the author, Leslie McGuire, an Oakwyn Realty Ltd. REALTOR®, and do not necessarily reflect those of Oakwyn Realty Ltd.. It is provided as a general source of information only and should not be considered personal investment advice or a solicitation.